EPA Adaptation provides the Climate Ireland platform and coordinates the Climate Ireland Adaptation Network.
EPA Adaptation is leading on providing the National Climate Change Risk Assessment along with other ongoing roles, such as:
- Providing data and information for national EU and UN reporting obligations;
- Annual reporting on adaptation in Ireland;
- Coordination of and participation in ad-hoc research into implementing adaptation measures;
- Participation in production of guidance and tools for policy makers, local authorities (planners, climate officers, engineers) and sectoral adaptation leads, and
- Integration of climate resilience and adaptation priorities across EPA work areas and offices.